CVCA Board Member Nominations are Open
If you love Charles Village and want to take a more active role in the community, consider nominating yourself for service on the CVCA Board. Nominations are open through June 30, 2020. A summary of qualifications and responsibilities follows. If interested, please submit this nomination form. Please reach out to Janice Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
· Resident of Charles Village. View the boundaries here.
· Voting member in good standing of the Charles Village Civic Association (annual individual/household membership is $15). Join here.
· Attend monthly CVCA board meetings (third Wednesday of each month, except August)
· Strive to attend all five CVCA community-wide meetings (last Wednesday of January, March, May, September, November)
· Serve on at least one committee
· Contribute as able to major efforts (e.g., Charles Village Festival, National Night Out, etc.)
Process (per CVCA Bylaws) and Timing:
· CVCA membership and Nominating ommittee submit nominations – May to June
· Nominating Committee reviews all nominations and develops slate of officers and directors, striving for a diverse representation of skills, interests, geography, and other demographics – July to August
· Nominating committee presents recommended slate to full Board of Directors for discussion and approval – August
· CVCA publishes the slate of officers and directors – September (fall issue of The Charles Villager and other CVCA communications outlets)
· At the CVCA Annual Meeting, the slate of officers is announced and presented for a vote of approval or disapproval by the CVCA membership – September 30, 2020
Interested? Please submit this nominations form
Questions? Email email@example.com